Our systems are all online, so you don't need to trek to a branch, fire up the printer, or dust off the fax machine.
We can take card payments right from your own mobile phone. Safe, secure, and oh so easy.
You can complete the entire tenancy process right from your mobile device including signing all the documents.
Submit your offer
Moments after your viewing, you'll receive an email from us with a link to our online application form with some easy straight forward questions. First, you'll need to let us know as much information as possible about you and your situation so we can relay it to the landlord.
In some cases, the landlord may receive multiple offers at the same time so its important you can be as competitive with your offer as possible.
In addition, we'll need to make sure you have the 'right to rent' and so it's very important you're able to provide evidence. The most common way is by providing your passport but other documentation can be acceptable.
Starting with Goodlord
We use an online system called Goodlord to streamline the lettings process from start to finish.
All tenants will receive an email from 'Goodlord' where you can quickly and easily set up an account. From here, you'll be given details of the proposed tenancy for you to confirm we've understood your offer correctly (the exact terms are subject to contract).
If you need help, please visit the Goodlord Tenancy Help Guide
In order to proceed with the referencing, we need to collect a payment from you. You'll be required to pay a fee of £65.00 inc VAT person + £100.00 to cover the cost of referencing. If a guarantor is required, an additional fee of £35 will be required. Fees paid will not be refunded in the event you decided to withdraw your application or fail the referencing. However, should the Landlord decide at anytime after the application fee has been paid that they do not wish to rent the property the fees will be reimbursed.
Paying this referencing fee not only covers the cost of the referencing process, but also shows your commitment to taking the property. It's very important this payment is made quickly to avoid the property being offered to someone else who secures the property before you do.
We need to check four things:
- Credit history - making sure you have no CCJs or every been made bankrupt
- Financial Referencing - checking to see you would be in a suitable position to afford the rent
- Current landlord Reference - this would only apply if you're currently in rented accommodation.
- Right to Rent - check that you're a British citizen, EEA or Swiss national. If not, check that you're entitled to enter and remain the the UK.
This process typically takes 2-6 days to compete, depending on how quickly your referees such as current landlord and employers responded to our enquiries.
Sign Tenancy Documents
Once the referencing has been received and the landlord is happy to proceed, you'll received a notification from us that you can view the Tenancy Documentation online through the Goodlord system and sign, all using your computer, tablet or phone. You'll also have the opportunity to make a payment for the first months rent and holding deposit.
The tenancy documents you'll receive are:
- Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement (or contact if a Company Let)
- Prescribed Information for your Deposit Protection
- A Fully Conditioned Inventory in excess of 50 pages complete with photos and descriptions of every item in the property at the start of your tenancy
- A Tenancy Information Pack with useful information including
- A copy of the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- A copy of the Gas safety Certificate (if applicable)
- A copy of the Government's guide to renting.
We'll arrange a time to meet you again at the property for the Check In. This process typically takes about 15 minutes and it's a good opportunity for you to have a walk through the property and make sure you're happy with everything including checking the smoke alarms. After we've been through the property again with you, the keys are yours!
Shortly after, you'll receive an email notification from us welcoming you to your new home.